As the international leader in audit and information security training since 1978, MIS Training Institute (MISTI) offers exciting opportunities for skilled professionals seeking challenging work in a stimulating environment. (If you are interested in becoming a MISTI instructor, please go to Call for Speakers.)
MISTI also offers highly competitive compensation and benefits, including health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement and a Cafeteria Reimbursement/Section 125 plan.
The Content Producer will develop and manage conference programs across MISTI’s information security events portfolio as well as generate content to engage audiences across MISTI’s digital platforms.
Primary conference program responsibilities include:
- Translate market needs and trends into viable conference content including keynote speakers, track themes, Workshops, Summits etc.
- Oversee the curriculum development, identify, select and manage speakers; Develop and coordinate conference sessions/tracks to ensure content is aligned with market needs and objectives
- Ability to draft copy for website and delegate materials to clearly articulate the conference program’s value proposition and key learning objectives
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with internal MISTI stakeholders (marketing, operations, sales) to ensure event content addresses customer needs and that program deadlines are met
- Adhere to assigned conference speaker management budgets
- Maintain superior knowledge of Information Security and Cyber Security marketplace
- Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned
Primary content responsibilities include:
- Encourage and motivate speakers to generate pre-show content to engage audiences as well as partner with MISTI’s content marketing team to identify opportunities to leverage content across MISTI’s live events and digital platforms
- Help sustain and recruit a roster of freelance writers with subject matter expertise
- Maintain a steady stream of planned content in accordance to MISTI’s content marketing calendar
- Collaborate with content marketing team on lead gen initiatives, such as client eBooks and in-house surveys and reports
- Work toward writing a minimum of 3 articles a month for MISTI’s InfoSec Insider blog
- Proven experience to create and build relationships and develop rapport with information security subject matter experts
- Professional experience preparing (e.g. writing, proofreading, and editing) customer-facing materials
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to deliver results while meeting tight deadlines
- Experience in conference content production; Knowledge of information security markets markets a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability to communicate and liaise with a wider team
- Ability to travel periodically (10-20%) throughout the year to support onsite conferences
The Events Coordinator will work closely with the SVP of Events to coordinate logistics for MISTI’s conferences, executive programs and serve as back up for the seminar events coordinator.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the production of and shipment of conference materials
- Perform audits of event registrations
- Create events in system and regularly update information based on date changes, registration letters, deadline dates, room rates, etc
- Execute badge set-up and creation for events
- Responsible for updating hardware to support onsite needs (badge printing, surveys, etc)
- Work with graphics and marketing to create signage needed onsite for events
- Assist onsite at events with registration, logistics, signage, etc.
- Review, edit and proofread PowerPoint presentations
Other special projects include:
- Serve as back up for Customer Service and Seminar Events Coordinator functions
- Provide assistance for making registrations and form submissions active in database
- Provide assistance to Online Self-Study creation and upkeep of courses
- Extreme attention to detail and very strong organizational skills is a must
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, while meeting tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills
- Desire to deliver exceptional Customer Service
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing ability
- Ability to travel periodically throughout the year to support onsite operations
If interested, please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Karen Fairbanks at firstname.lastname@example.org.