As the international leader in audit and information security training since 1978, MIS Training Institute (MISTI) offers exciting opportunities for skilled professionals seeking challenging work in a stimulating environment. (If you are interested in becoming a MISTI instructor, please go to Call for Speakers.)
MISTI also offers highly competitive compensation and benefits, including health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement and a Cafeteria Reimbursement/Section 125 plan.
The Events Coordinator will work closely with the SVP of Events to coordinate logistics for MISTI’s conferences, executive programs and serve as back up for the seminar events coordinator.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the production of and shipment of conference materials
- Perform audits of event registrations
- Create events in system and regularly update information based on date changes, registration letters, deadline dates, room rates, etc
- Execute badge set-up and creation for events
- Responsible for updating hardware to support onsite needs (badge printing, surveys, etc)
- Work with graphics and marketing to create signage needed onsite for events
- Assist onsite at events with registration, logistics, signage, etc.
- Review, edit and proofread PowerPoint presentations
Other special projects include:
- Serve as back up for Customer Service and Seminar Events Coordinator functions
- Provide assistance for making registrations and form submissions active in database
- Provide assistance to Online Self-Study creation and upkeep of courses
- Extreme attention to detail and very strong organizational skills is a must
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, while meeting tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills
- Desire to deliver exceptional Customer Service
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing ability
- Ability to travel periodically throughout the year to support onsite operations
If interested, please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Karen Fairbanks at email@example.com.